Tuesday 20 March 2018

Nature III - New Release


Morning All,

Hope you all managed to watch Kay on Hochanda last week launching her new stamps. They flew out, quite literally. The flowers are beautiful and the birdie, which I think Kay and Janice decided it was a Robin, is super cute.


For my cards I used the individual flowers from Nature III and the sentiment for one of the cards from Meadow Flowers.



Initially I made a masterboard but unfortunately I didn't take photos of this process. However I started with an A4 piece of card and painted it randomly with the following Indigoblu Acrylic Paints - Marshmallow, Mulberry Bush, Wimberry Pie, Burning Bonfire, Pantry White, Cinderella, Townhouse Teal and White Gesso. I then stenciled with the Bubbles, Script and Faded Dots using contrasting colours over the painted surface.



The flowers were then stamped with Versafine Black Onyx and fussy cut. This took me ages as I'd stamped the whole A4 page with flowers. Better to have too many than not enough plus I now have spares to make more cards with.

I then chose to use an A6 Deckle Edge card blank and adhered three of the flowers overlapping slightly. The sentiments were stamped in Versafine Black Onyx and to finish off the card I added Fabric Sparkles in the centres of the flowers.



I did actually make four cards out of all the flowers and still had some spare to make more.

These were a huge success on Hochanda and its clear to see you all loved the new releases.

Happy Crafting

Carolyn
xx




No comments:

Post a Comment