Wednesday 20 September 2017

IndigoBlu Flower Power


Morning All,

This is my inspiration piece for the International Design Teams shared post on the IndigoBlu Blog. Why not pop over and take a look at the rest of the teams inspirational projects.


Kay has produced some fantastic floral stamps and this Flower Power stamp is just ideal to decoupage. I started by stamping this three times with Stazon Spiced Chai. The main image is on a 123mmx190mm piece of white card.


I coloured the flowers with the fabulous Faber Castell Albrecht Durer Aquarelle pencils. Although I left the images that were going to be covered with the different layers as you can see below. The two images that create the decoupage layers were then fussy cut.


The sentiment was taken from the Victorian Garden stamp set and stamped with Spiced Chai.


The edges of the 134mmx210mm matt layer were coloured with the same colours as the main flowers and water added to create a watercoloured background. I then stamped the Circle Dots stamp in Spiced Chai randomly around the edges.


I layered the flowers and added red cotton within the layers. The beads were adhered with Slap It On Matte to the centre of the flowers. I drew black freehand lines to the edges of the white card


To finish the card I matt and layered this onto a black A5 card blank.


Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more inspiration with you soon.

Carolyn
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment