Friday 20 October 2017

Dreams Come True


Hello and welcome to my shared post with Ksenija for IndigoBlu.

I was kindly given an Eileen Hull Journal Blank by the fabulous Jenny Marples some time ago and have finally created this project. I must admit after seeing all the inspiration on the Eileen Hull Fan Club on Facebook I can see why creating these becomes addictive.


Now for my step by step on how I created this. Firstly I chose Aladdin (Metallic Purple) as my main colour with Burning BonfireTownhouse Teal and Lime Marmalade acrylic paints. With a bit of Orange and Purple Luscious mixed in too.


I used the Gelli Printing Plate to create the background from an A4 piece of card. Laying down colours separately with my brayer. I also punched paper circles and placed them directly onto the Gelli Plate to mask some of the colours.


I used various stencils including Bubbles and Dinkie Dots and the Collectors Edition Number 6 Circle Dots stamp to create the background. I added  Fine Modelling Paste through the Bubbles stencil for some texture.


I then cut the A4 background card into two pieces to fit the front and back of the journal and tore the edges so they blended into the main pages. The main journal was painted with Aladdin Metallic Purple and dry brushed on the inside covers with white Gesso.


I chose 'There is  always something new to discover' from the Dreams Come True stamp set as my main focal point on the front of the cover. This was stamped and embossed in Black onto Rice Paper. I then tore round the image to give a feathered edge so it would blend into the page. Both the background and Rice Paper were adhered with Slap It On Gloss. The front and back covers were stuck together with Super Thick Slap It On.


Detail of the main embossed image 


I found Jenny Marples Step By Step Romantic Journal on the Frilly and Funkie Blog extremely informative when putting my journal together. Please take a look, I guarantee you'll be inspired!!
I used 2mm elastic cord and coloured this with the Aladdin metallic purple. The signatures for the journal inserts were put together from A4 card.


Thank you for stopping by and I look forward to sharing more inspiration using IndigoBlu products with you soon

Carolyn
xxx



1 comment:

  1. Fabulous😚 Thanks for the step by step. Hugs Sue xx

    ReplyDelete